“If we don’t commit our resources now, we’re very worried that it will be difficult and unlikely in the next few years,” Dashur wrote in an email. “Now is the time to apply the lessons learned.”
Some Democrats have repeatedly called for the first $ 30 billion to be included in their budget packages.Some of them Senator Patimalay, Washington Democrat and Senator Health Commission Chairman, and Massachusetts Democrat Elizabeth Warren.Warren and six democratic colleagues I wrote recently He called on the leaders of both Houses and Senates to include $ 30 billion in their budget packages “to prevent and prepare for future pandemics.”
Understand Vaccine and Mask Obligations in the United States
- Vaccine rules.. August 23, Food and Drug Administration Fully approved by Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine For people over the age of 16, it paves the way for increased obligations in both the public and private sectors.Private companies Increasingly obligatory vaccines For employees.Such an obligation Legally permitted And it has been upheld by court complaints.
- Mask rule.. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in July Recommended All Americans wear masks in indoor public places within the area of the outbreak, regardless of vaccination status. This is the reverse of the guidance provided in May. Find out where CDC guidance applies, And where The state has its own mask policy.. The battle for masks is controversial in some states. Local leaders against state bans..
- University. More than 400 universities require students to be vaccinated with Covid-19. Almost everything is in the states that voted for President Biden..
- school..both California When New York City Introduced vaccine obligations to education staff. According to a survey released in August, many American parents with school-age children I’m against the vaccines that students are required to do, More support for mask man dates for students, teachers and staff who do not have shots.
- Hospitals and medical centers.. Many hospitals and major healthcare systems require employees to be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine. It cites an increase in the number of cases caused by Delta variants and a stubbornly low vaccination rate in their community, even within their workforce.
- New York City..Workers and customers need vaccination proof Indoor dining, gym, performance And other indoor situations. However, enforcement will not begin until September 13. Teachers and other educational workers The city’s vast school system requires at least one vaccination by September 27, without the option of weekly testing. Municipal hospital workers You will also need to be vaccinated or have a weekly test. Employees in New York have similar rules.
- At the federal level. The Pentagon has announced that it will mandate the country’s coronavirus vaccination. 1.3 million active troops “At the latest” by mid-September.President Biden announced: All private federal officials need to do it Get vaccinated against coronavirus Or submit regular tests, social distances, mask requirements and restrictions on most trips.
“The Covid-19 pandemic has revealed that underinvestment in our public health infrastructure, biomedical research pipeline, and medical supply chain can have disastrous consequences,” Senator wrote.
The commission is still negotiating the details of the budget package, and some people familiar with the plan said the White House announcement on Friday was a majority of Capitol Hill leaders, especially New York Democrats. He said it might be an effort to push Senator Chuck Schumer. Postpone the administration’s full $ 65.3 billion plan and promise at least $ 15 billion in budgetary measures.
Schumer has been uncommitted so far. “I’ve worked so far, but I’ll continue to work to make the investment I need to be fully prepared for a future pandemic,” he says. I wrote on Twitter last month.
Dr. Lander joined the National Security Council on Friday with Elizabeth Cameron, Senior Director of Global Health Security and Biodefense. She also works at the Obama White House and drafted a preparatory document known as the Pandemic Playbook. She said Biden’s plan “is making great use of these efforts” as well as “based on the lessons learned from this pandemic.”
according to Documents published by the White House, This plan has five core goals. Improvements and expansions of domestic weapons for vaccines, treatments and diagnostics. Improve infectious disease threat monitoring. Strengthening public health systems “with a special focus on reducing inequality”. Build a supply chain and stockpile of personal protective equipment and other items. “Manage missions” by creating a new mission management office, a task that Dr. Lander likened to the Apollo program of sending astronauts to the moon in the 1960s.
“If you get to the moon and have a great booster rocket, but you don’t have a landable capsule or an instructable computer, it won’t work,” he said.
The White House wants $ 65 billion to prepare for a future pandemic
Source link The White House wants $ 65 billion to prepare for a future pandemic