As a result, Americans across the political spectrum rely on information such as: Presentation July by Israeli Ministry of Health Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine For symptomatic infections, but not for serious illnesses, it has declined over time.Others trust their intuition, whether it means taking risks Veterinary medicine Look for a booster before “curing” the virus or being officially recommended.
“This is the result of a lack of risk communication over the last 18 months and a lack of political and scientific transparency,” he said. Rachel Pilch-RobeResearchers and fellows at Harvard Public Health School preparing and responding to public health emergencies. “It’s also a reflection of those who feel they’re out of full control of what’s happening in society at this point. One of the things we can do to protect ourselves is to put science in our hands. . “
Understand Vaccine and Mask Obligations in the United States
- Vaccine rules.. August 23, Food and Drug Administration Fully approved by Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine For people over the age of 16, it paves the way for increased obligations in both the public and private sectors.Private companies Increasingly obligatory vaccines For employees.Such a mission Legally permitted And it has been upheld by court complaints.
- Mask rule.. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in July Recommended All Americans wear masks in indoor public places within the area of the outbreak, regardless of vaccination status. This is the reverse of the guidance provided in May. Find out where CDC guidance applies, And where The state has its own mask policy.. The battle for masks is controversial in some states. Local leaders against state bans..
- University. More than 400 universities require students to be vaccinated with Covid-19. Almost everything is in the states that voted for President Biden..
- school..both California When New York City Introduced vaccine obligations to education staff. According to a survey released in August, many American parents with school-age children I’m against the vaccines that students are required to do, More support for mask man dates for students, teachers and staff who do not have shots.
- Hospitals and medical centers.. Many hospitals and major healthcare systems require employees to be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine. It cites an increase in the number of cases caused by Delta variants and a stubbornly low vaccination rate in their community, even within their workforce.
- New York City..Workers and customers need vaccination proof Indoor dining, gym, performance And other indoor situations. However, enforcement will not begin until September 13. Teachers and other educational workers The city’s vast school system requires at least one vaccination by September 27, without the option of weekly testing. Municipal hospital workers You will also need to be vaccinated or have a weekly test. Employees in New York have similar rules.
- At the federal level. The Pentagon has announced that it will mandate the country’s coronavirus vaccination. 1.3 million active troops “At the latest” by mid-September.President Biden announced: All private federal officials need to do it Get vaccinated against coronavirus Or submit regular tests, social distances, mask requirements and restrictions on most trips.
For vaccinated people living in areas where many have avoided shots and masks, aggressively grabbing boosters feels like buying insurance in a rental car. They may not need it, but it makes them feel safer.
Many were happy to find a partner in pharmacies and healthcare providers.
Bruni Baeza, 83, who stepped into Miami’s CVS, flashed a white vaccine card indicating that seven months had passed since the last shot and was immediately given a booster, saying from her birthday cruise. I mentioned in the email. Get the third shot.
Pharmacies deny that people are deliberately ignoring the guidelines. Ethan Slavin, a spokesman for the company, said: “I can’t tell the case report,” Slavin said, saying that CVS is providing boosters to customers like Baeza who shared a record of the third dose with reporters.
Public health professionals generally have a dim view of booster self-selection. Like the refusal of the vaccine, they say it does not take into account the broader fight against the pandemic.
Dr. Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, an epidemiologist at the University of California, San Francisco, said: “Individual choices are important, especially in pandemics, but the overall strategy is related to our collective choices and responsibilities.”
Some healthy Americans want coronavirus booster shots before approval
Source link Some healthy Americans want coronavirus booster shots before approval