Assuredly, there are several things you would like to know about the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, the address and contact details as well as obtaining a Rwandan passport in Canada.
That is why we have provided quality information in this prosé, to help you out and to satisfy your curiosity on matters that relate to Rwandan Embassy in Canada. So, don’t miss out on a single section- you’d be glad to read!
What is an Embassy?
Without a doubt, an embassy is located at the heart of the capital city of a country housing the offices where the Rwandan representatives work and headed by an ambassador.
Interestingly, embassies are located in the capital city for easy accessibility, so that Rwandan citizens can easily locate them in case of emergency.
Rwandan Embassy acts as the intermediary between Rwanda and Canada during negotiations, and protects the interest of their land in Canada, reporting back to the president in Rwanda.
Likewise, the Rwandan embassy informs its government of significant political, social, or economic decisions that may affect the relationship whatsoever within the countries.
Undoubtedly, Rwanda is officially known as the Republic of Rwanda, which is landlocked in the Great Rift Valley, where the African Great Lakes region and East Africa converge.
Basically, Rwanda is bordered by Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo and is located a few degrees south of the Equator. It is highly elevated, giving it the nickname “land of a thousand hills”, with its geography dominated by savanna to the east, mountains in the west as well as numerous lakes throughout the country.
Without a doubt, the climate is temperate to subtropical, with two dry seasons and two rainy seasons every year. And yes! Rwanda has a population of about 12.6 million (most densely populated mainland African country) living on 26,338 km2 (10,169 sq mi) of land,
The capital and largest city in Rwanda is Kigali.
Addresses of Rwandan Embassy in Canada
Basically, the Rwandan embassy is in Ottawa, there is some other Rwandan consulate in Toronto. So, if you’re looking to visit the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, we have the address and the contact details listed here in this section.
Rwanda Embassy in Canada (Ottawa)
Address: 121 Sherwood Drive, K1Y 3V1
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (613) 569-5420/22/24
Rwandan Honorary Consulate in Toronto, Canada
Address: Toronto, ON.Canada
Telephone: (+1) (416) 625 3216
Email: [email protected] (high commission in Ottawa)
Addresses of Canadian Consular in Rwanda
Also, if you’re a Canadian living or visiting Rwanda, and you wish to locate the Canadian Consular in Rwanda, we have the address and contact details given below in this section.
Street Address: 59, KN16 Ave, Kiyovu, Kigali, Rwanda Kigali, Rwanda
Postal Address: P.O. Box 1177 Kigali, Rwanda
Telephone: (+250) 252 554 800
Fax: (+250) 252 554 810
Email: [email protected]
Top 12 Services Provided by Rwandan Embassy in Canada
Without a doubt, the Rwandan embassy in Canada provides a vast quality of services for Rwanda citizens in Canada as well as to some foreign citizens that want to travel to Rwanda. You can check for the information below
- Burial permit
- Certifying Rwandan driver license
- Civil marriage
- Criminal record
- Emergency travel document
- Letter of recommendation
- Life certificate
- Power of attorney legalization/authentication
- Tax exemption
Most certainly, if you have a relative that died in Canada, and you wish to ship the corpse from Canada to Rwanda you can visit the Rwandan Embassy in Canada for a burial permit. Below are the requirements to be sent via mail or taken personally to the Rwandan Embassy in Canada for this permit
- Firstly, an application letter to the Rwandan High commission requesting a burial permit
- Also, a certificate for the shipments of a corpse outside of Canada from the office of coroner
- The death certificate of the corpse from the hospital
- Likewise, a preparation report of the corpse from the mortuary services
- Importantly, the Canadian and Rwanda identity of the body.
Note that, it takes 3 working days to process the burial permit in the Rwandan Embassy in Canada at no cost.
#Certifying Rwandan driver license
Peradventure, you are a Rwandan citizen that learned to drive in Canada. If you want your driver’s license to be valid in Rwanda, you have to visit the Rwandan Embassy in Canada to certify your license. The requirements to get this done is stated below
- First and foremost, an application letter demanding the High Commission to certify the Rwandan driving license
- Any legal documents or copy of residence permit that states that the applicant lives in Canada and is a Rwandan citizen.
- However, if the applicant is not a Rwandan citizen they have to bring along a Copy of passport / R Rwandan ID/ F Rwandan ID.
- Also, you must provide an original driver license
Not that the time of processing of a Rwandan driving license is 5 working days with a tariff of 35$ CAD to the Rwandan Embassy in Canada by money order (from Canada Post) or certified bank check.
Also, if you are a Rwandan by birth and you want to claim your citizenship in Canada you have to meet the following requirement. But Firstly, the following are the eligible individuals to file for Rwandan citizenship in Canada
- By birth on the Rwandan territory
- By Rwandan origin
Here are the requirements to get Rwandan citizenship in Canada
- A perfectly filled out form
- Certificate of the identity of the applicant or a birth certificate
- Likewise, a document that certifies that the applicant’s parents were legal
- A record of criminal clearance certificate
- If you have a passport, you must bring a copy
- Also, the certificate of registration as a foreigner in Canada
- A copy of the residential permit
- In addition, two recently taken colored passport size photo with white
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Lastly, any other proof that the applicant is Rwandan
You have to pay the sum of 40$ CAD; payable to “Rwanda High Commission” by money order (from Canada Post) or certified bank check
To register for civil marriage at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, you have to meet the following requirements
- A Passport copy
- Proof of residency
- Also, an authenticated deed for the proof of settlement of the dowry to the family of your fiancé
- Importantly, you must present a certificate that proves you are not married (Attestation de Celibat)
- However, If you are divorced, you need to present original final divorce/dissolution papers that bear the court’s original stamp
- But, If you are a widower/widow, you have to present a death certificate of your partner
- Your Passport Photos
Note that the processing time is 3 working days, and you have to pay a tariff of 35$ CAD payable to “Rwanda High Commission” by money order (from Canada Post) or a certified bank check.
To obtain your criminal record at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada you have to send the following documents personally or through mail
- An application letter to the Prosecutor General
- If the applicant is a Rwandan national, you need to provide a copy of a valid Rwandan passport
- Fill the application form
- Also, a copy of the residence permit (or any other document that state the applicant’s status in Canada)
- And yes! provide two colored passport pictures on a white background
- However, If the applicant is a foreigner, he has to provide proof that attests to the fact that he has been living in Rwanda
Note that the processing time is 5 working days with a tariff of 35$ CAD; payable to “Rwanda High Commission” by money order (from Canada Post) or through a certified bank check.
Most certainly, if you want to apply for a Rwanda passport at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, you have to visit this site “https://irembo.gov.rw/home/citizen/all_services”. Then, make an appointment with the Rwandan Embassy in Canada for biometrics after you receive the message from DGIE through [email protected]
However, the processing time for a response from Immigration (DGIE) is 4 to 10 Working days while it will take about 3 to 5 weeks to receive the passport in Canada after giving biometrics at Rwandan Embassy in Canada.
Note that, the fee depends solely on the category of the e-passport you apply for.
#Emergency travel document
To get an emergency travel document at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, you need to send the following documents through mail or personally
- A request letter addressed to the High Commissioner signed by the applicant
- Provide two colored photos
- Also, Provide a copy of an identification card/passport from both Rwanda and Canada
Note that the processing time is 5 working days, and the tariff is free of charge.
#Letter of recommendation
To request a letter of recommendation at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, you need to offer the following requirements
- Letter of request that addresses the High Commissioner of the Republic of Rwanda in Canada
- Registration letter by a Quebec university
- A copy of Rwandan passport
- A copy of the visa by the Canadian government
- Copy of study permit and proof of attendance
Note that it takes 5 working days to process a recommendation letter with a tariff of 35$ CAD payable to “Rwanda High Commission” by money order (from Canada Post) or a certified bank check
To get a life certificate at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, you need to provide the following documents in person or through mail.
- Provide an application letter that addresses the High Commissioner signed by Public Notary that certifies that the applicant is alive.
- A copy of the residence permit or other document stating the applicant’s status in Canada
- A copy of a Rwandan passport/ID for a Rwandan national.
Note that it takes 1 working day to process, and a tariff of 35$ CAD payable to the Rwanda High Commission by money order (from Canada Post) or via certified bank check
#Power of attorney legalization/authentication
Also, for attorney authentication, you have to provide the following document
- A request letter that addresses the High Commissioner (signed by the applicant)
- Also, provide a copy of an identification card/passport from both Rwanda and Canada
- Likewise, you must state the reason for the request for power of attorney
- Not only will you provide the name of the representative, but also your relationship with the representative and the copy of the representative ID
- A copy of the property document and the location of your property.
Note that the processing time is between 10 to 20 working days with a tariff of 35$ CAD; payable to “Rwanda High Commission” by money order (from Canada Post) or certified bank check.
To file for a tax exemption at the Rwanda Embassy in Canada, you need to send the following documents through mail or personally
- Provide a request letter signed by the applicant that addresses the High Commissioner
- Likewise, provide a list of items intended to be shipped to Rwanda
- Tender the bill of landing
- Also, provide a copy of a title (if you have a vehicle)
- A requirement of ownership and usage of the vehicle for at least 12 months.
Note that it takes about 5 working days to process with a tariff of 35$ CAD; payable to “Rwanda High Commission” by money order (from Canada Post) or through a certified bank check
To apply for a visa at the Rwandan Embassy in Canada, you must provide the following documents
- A passport or travel document
- A visa request letter
- A perfectly Fill out form
- Two colored passport pictures
Note that the processing time is 5 working days, and the visa price solely depends on the type of visa.
How to Apply for Passport at Rwandan Embassy in Canada
Without a doubt, to apply for the Rwanda Embassy in Canada, you need to meet the following requirements
- Firstly, you must provide a Rwanda identification card
- Also, you must submit the completed passport application form and pay all necessary fees to www.irembo.gov.rw
- Then, the DGIE will notify you through email to visit the High Commission for biometric
- You should schedule your biometric appointment at [email protected] and provide your National Identity Card, confirmation from the DGIE for your passport clearance.
Frequently Asked Question
Does a Canadian need a visa to visit Rwanda?
Yes, Canadians must possess a visa to visit Rwanda.
How many foreigners live in Rwanda?
About 87,346 foreigners
We have highlighted and explained the different services provided by the Rwandan Embassy in Canada. So, you can refer back when you are not cleared