Cleveland, Ohio 2021-12-22 20:41:35 –
** Related video above: Parma Police launch program to prevent piracy of pouches. ** **
Timothy Dobeck said in a statement that the city is taking action following the reported theft, and the USPS will update the blue mailbox in the particularly affected areas with a new handle that is less accessible to thieves. I promised. But the move is costly and time-consuming, Mr. Dobeck said.
“For the time being, consider not using checks and adopt new and up-to-date payment methods,” Dobeck said in a statement, as many scammers can easily change checks.
Dobeck has provided the following advice to anyone who needs to use a check for some reason:
- For maximum safety, please unload the envelope with a check in the post office
- Use as little identification as possible for checks
- Print a check as it is difficult for thieves to “wash out”
- Add spending limits to your account
- Checks are difficult to erase, so use a gel pen to write on the check.
If you suspect you may be the victim of a check theft, you should immediately warn your bank to stop paying for the transaction. Residents should also contact the local police station and contact the US Postal Inspection Office at 877-876-2455.
Suggest a fix
Parma urging resident not to mail checks Source link Parma urging resident not to mail checks
The post Parma urging resident not to mail checks – Cleveland, Ohio appeared first on Eminetra.