Panama City, FL –
WALTON COUNTY Florida (WMBB) – South Walton Fire District officials are warning all residents to clean lint from their dryers.
SWFD firefighters responded to a structural fire on Friday afternoon around 4:30 p.m. in the Bud’s Lane area of Santa Rosa Beach.
They saw smoke when they arrived at the scene and immediately began their investigation, in the commercial laundry room. The teams located the source of the smoke after opening the ducts of a drying unit. It was there that they were able to extinguish the lint that caught fire.
Fortunately, no one was injured and the damage was minimal. Officials said it could have been much worse.
During this fire prevention month, SWFD would like to remind residents to be careful and aware in order to keep your family safe.
SWFD officials warn residents to clean out lint in dryer Source link SWFD officials warn residents to clean out lint in dryer
The post Panama City, FL – SWFD officials warn residents to clean out lint in dryer appeared first on Eminetra.