Are you a Moroccan citizen living in Canada and you wish to find your way around the Moroccan embassy in Canada, you will find this article helpful- let’s tour!
The Moroccan Embassy in Canada certainly provides Consular services, so we recommend that you locate a Moroccan Embassy or Consulate near you in Canada to learn more about the services they provide.
Interestingly, we have the list of the embassy and consulate, as well as their address and contact details in this article. You’d love to know!
What is an embassy?
An embassy is the representation of a country in another country. Oftentimes, it is in the capital territory of the Host country, and an ambassador oversees the activities in the embassy.
Unquestionably, an ambassador is an individual who serves as a spokesman for their country in a host country to promote an active approach, and to strengthen relationships between the two countries.
Most times, consulates are strategically placed in some other popular cities in the Host country to act as an extra diplomatic representation.
Morocco, officially known as the kingdom of Morocco. It is the northwestern-most country in the Margaret region of South Africa.
It shares a border with the Atlantic ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the North, and has land borders with the disputed territory of Western Sahara to the South, and Algeria to the east.
Most certainly, Morocco claims the Spanish exclaves of Peñón de Vélez de la Gomera, Ceuta, Melilla, and small Spanish control island off its coast.
With a population of roughly 37 million, Morocco spans an area of 446,550 km2 (172,410 sq mi) or 710,850 km2 (274,460 sq mi). Its predominant and official religion is Islam and the official languages are Berber and Arabic. Also, the Moroccan dialect of French and Arabic are widely spoken. The identity of Moroccan and culture is a vibrant mix of Arab, European, and Barbra culture.
The capital city of Morocco is Rabat and its largest city is Casablanca. Also, Marrakesh’s medina, is a maze-like medieval quarter, that offers entertainment in its souks (marketplaces) and Djemaa el-Fna square, selling metal lanterns jewelry, and ceramics.
Addresses of Moroccan Embassy in Canada
Undoubtedly, the Moroccan Embassy in Canada is at the capital city of Canada ‘Ottawa’. In addition, there is the Morocco consulate in Montreal and Toronto. The addresses and contact details are given below
#Moroccan Embassy in Canada
Address: 1730 St Laurent Blvd #800, Ottawa ON K1G 3Y7, Canada
Telephone: (+1) (613) 236-7391 /92 / 93
Fax: (+1) (613) 236-6164
Email: [email protected]
#Consulate of Morocco in Montreal
Address: Moroccan Consulate General in Montreal – 2192 Rene Levesque Boulevard West – Montreal – Quebec H3H 1R6 – Canada
Telephone: (+1) (514) 288-8750
Fax: (+1) (514) 288-4859
E-mail: [email protected]
#Consulate of Morocco in Toronto
Address: Moroccan Consulate General in Toronto, Canada – 5001 Yonge Street, Suite 1515 – North York M2N 6P6 – Toronto – Ontario – Canada
Telephone: (+1) (647) 612 4632
E-mail: [email protected]
Addresses of Canadian Consular in Morocco
Also, if you’re a Canadian living or visiting Morocco, and you wish to locate the Canadian Consular in Morocco, we have the address and contact details given below in this section.
#Rabat-Souissi – Embassy of Canada
Address: 66 Mehdi Ben Barka Avenue, Rabat-Souissi, Morocco
Address: P.O. 2040 Rabat-Ryad, Morocco, 10 000
Telephone: 212 (0) 537 54 49 49
Fax: 212 (0) 537 54 48 53
Email: [email protected]
Malaysian Embassy in Canada
Top 4 Services Provided by Moroccan Embassy in Canada
Undoubtedly, the Moroccan government has the responsibility of serving and protecting its citizens who live temporarily or permanently in Canada.
As a result, the Moroccan Embassy citizen services provide courteous, efficient, and prompt services to Moroccan citizens and other clients in Canada that are in line with the Moroccan regulations and law.
We have the top 4 services provided by the Moroccan Embassy in Canada listed and explained in this section
- Application of passport
- Personal documents
- Family and Marriage
- Visa application
1. Application of passport
To obtain a Moroccan passport in the Moroccan Embassy in Canada, you have to meet the following requirements
- Application Form that is duly filled out.
- A Copy of Moroccan Birth Certificate (However, you must register the birth first, once you complete the registration)
- Two Copies of both Parents identity (for minors)
- Also, two Recent Passport Photograph (that is 2”x 2” inch White Background )
- Parent’s Authorization Form notarized and duly signed (for minors)
- Also, application Fees
2. Personal documents
Most certainly, any Moroccan citizen that is born in Canada should have the marital status registered in the Moroccan embassy in Canada or the Moroccan consular service. This process is known as Consular registration.
Basically, the registration will enable the consular service to communicate with the MRA on the useful information and to establish and assist the registrants with eventual emergency information.
It is noteworthy that, only people that are registered may benefit from consular services such as getting a biometric passport, ID, etc. So, a certificate will be issued upon the registration, but the applicant has to come in person for the registration process.
- Firstly, for adults above 18 years, you need to bring an ID or receipt of the ID (Original + photocopy), and Passport (original + photocopy).
- However, minors that are 12 years or above must bring an ID or receipt of ID. But minors that do not possess an ID or receipt of ID must give a copy of their Moroccan family record book, or a birth certificate that is not less than a year old
- Also, minors that are less than 18 years must be authorized or accompanied by his or her legal representative
- Likewise, proof of legal residences such as Residence Permit Card, Study Visa, Work permit, foreign identity card, or foreign passport. However, any official documents that have the current address on them.
- Without a doubt, if you present a document that does not have your current address, you must provide proof of residences such as certificate of residence, contract of Lease/rent, water & electricity bill, or landline telephone invoice or proof of accommodation contract legalized by the Consular Services or local authorities
- Minors without a document to prove their residents must provide a photocopy of the ID of their parents or legal guardian
- 2 white background or blue screen photos (4 X 3 cm)
- For minors, it is optional to bring your certificates of schooling
3. Registration of marriage, birth, and death
The consular and diplomatic agents at the Moroccan Embassy in Canada register the civil status of Moroccan citizens living in Canada that is according to the Moroccan rules and regulations.
So, they perform the following duties
- They deliver family books Moroccan born in their consular district
- They provide death and birth certificates
- Also, they transcribe on the Moroccan register, the death and birth certificate that is issued by civil status offices of Canada.
- Likewise, they make a record of the divorce in marriage in the margin of the birth certificate.
- In addition, they record and mention the death of an individual on the margin of the birth certificate of the deceased
- They also issue excerpts on a full copy of the deed of an individual that is recorded on their civil status register.
Some other services that relate to the civil status that d Moroccan Embassy in Canada offers are:
- Certificate of nationality
- Certificate of celibacy
- Marriage certificate
- Also, Certificate of non-remarriage;
- Likewise, a certificate of divorce
- In addition, the Certificate of Custom
- Individual and collective certificates of life
- Individual and family records of marital status
- Authorization to transfer body remains to Morocco
4. Visa application
Without a doubt, the legislation of Morocco on entry and stay, acquire and provide that foreigners who want to travel to Morocco must process a passport or a valid document.
Interestingly, the visa is a resident and entry permit for a limited time in the Moroccan territory that is issued by the competent Moroccan authority in the Moroccan Embassy in Canada.
Abruptly, the visa indicates a particular period of validity from days to months, or even a year, depending on the case. You should know that the competent authorities at the Moroccan Embassy in Canada issue three types of entry visas to Morocco, which are
- Short validity visa
- Long validity visa
- Transit visa
Short validity visa
Unquestionably, the Moroccan Embassy in Canada can issue a short-term visitor visa to allow Canadians to enter the territory for some other reasons that differ from immigration. This period is usually short and uninterrupted and it could be from 1 to 90 days
Long validity visa
On the other hand, the Moroccan Embassy in Canada issues a long validity visa that is often more than 3 months. Absolutely, it is a visa of multiple entries that is issued by the consular service in Canada after consultation with the international cooperation and ministry for foreign affairs.
However, the period of validity of this long visa cannot exceed a year and the duration of each day is between 1 to 90 days. But the foreigner that holds a long-term visa and wishes to stay in Morocco for more than three months should request a registration card from the general directorate of national security
Also, the transit visa gives authorization for a Canadian that is traveling to a third state to cross the Morocco territory. Unquestionably, the visa may be issued for one to two transit with a duration not exceeding 72 hours.
How to Apply for Passport at Moroccan Embassy in Canada
Without a doubt, to apply for an MRP (machine-readable passport), you must attend the consulate personally. However, if a minor is to apply for this passport, the minor must come with a guardian, parent, or a representative with a letter from the passport affairs directorate or ministry of interior.
Documents needed for a passport
Below are the documents that have to provide at the Moroccan Embassy in Canada to apply for a passport
- First and foremost, recently snapped white background photo, two (2) sizes (2 x 2) without glasses.
- Perfectly filled passport form
- Likewise, the Moroccan nationality certificate, and personal ID.
- However, if you are applying for a new Moroccan passport, you must come with the old passport.
- For minors, a Moroccan personal ID of their guardian, or parent is required
Frequently asked questions
Do Canadian permanent residents need visas for Morocco visit?
For a tourist visit for up to 90 days, a Canadian citizen does not require a tourist visa.
How long is the visa interview at the Moroccan Embassy in Canada?
The interview can take up to 3 to 5 minutes.
We believe that the information given above has answered your questions about the Moroccan Embassy in Canada. Keep checking back for updated information