Honolulu, Hawaii 2022-01-13 00:50:10 –
Kauai Lihue (KHON2) — Kauai County authorities are reminding the public that a ticketing system is currently in place for COVID testing.
The system is implemented in the test center of the Kawai War Memorial Convention Hall and in the county’s mobile test van. According to officials, the ticketing system is meant to prevent long lines and crowds from gathering due to the high demand for testing.
Get news on the go KHON 2GO, KHON morning podcast, 8am every morning
Tests on both of these sites are “not for those who are experiencing symptoms,” according to people familiar with the matter. People suffering from coronavirus symptoms should be tested in a drive-through or clinical setting.Click here for more information on where to take the test on Kauai here..
Those who want to be tested for COVID can go to any of these sites for a ticket. Tickets are restricted daily and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Kauai War Memorial Convention Hall Test Site:
- The site is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 3:30 pm at 4191 Hardy St in Lihue and ticket distribution will begin at 8am.
- Only 500 tickets are available daily. Tickets are usually out by 9am due to high demand.
- Those with tickets can either leave the site and return to the site or wait by car until the designated test time to avoid congestion.
- Mobile test van:
- The county’s mobile test van operates in a variety of communities daily from 9am to 1pm.
- Up to 100 tickets will be available.
- Location: Wednesday’s Kekahan Neighborhood Center. Kilauea Neighborhood Center on Thursday. Friday’s Kalaheo Neighborhood Center. Saturday’s Hanarei Neighborhood Center.
- On Sunday, the van is at the Brian J. Baptist Sports Complex in Kapaa, with 200 tickets available.
Find more news on COVID-19: Cases, Vaccinations Coronavirus news page
Both test sites offer free and rapid PCRCOVID-19 tests with same day results. All adults need a photo ID. Keiki must be with a parent or guardian.
Kauai County implements COVID testing ticketing system to help with demand, prevent crowds Source link Kauai County implements COVID testing ticketing system to help with demand, prevent crowds
The post Kauai County implements COVID testing ticketing system to help with demand, prevent crowds – Honolulu, Hawaii appeared first on Eminetra.