Read this guide succinctly, and you won’t face any difficulties to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor.
Definitely, retail sales supervisors are in demand in all sales industries in Canada to supervise and monitor sales activities in industries or companies.
Averagely, you can make up to $36,075 as a retail sales supervisor in Canada. However, you can make up to $40,950 as an experienced retail sales supervisor.
In this article, you will be enlightened on who retail sales supervisors are, what they do, and the requirements to work in Canada.
Not only will you know the requirements to work in Canada but also the requirement to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor and the steps and pathways involved.
Who is a retail sales supervisor?
Without a doubt, a retail sales supervisor is an individual who works with customers and sales associates daily. Also, including duties such as maintaining store profitability and creating marketing campaigns.
Assuredly, you will coordinate and supervise the activities of workers in the following units: Cashiers (6611), Retail Salespersons (6421), Store Shelf Stockers, Clerks, and Order Fillers (6622), and Other Sales Related Occupations (6623).
Majorly, you will be employed by stores and any other retail businesses, rental service establishments, wholesale businesses that sells to the public, businesses involved in indoor to indoor telemarketing and soliciting.
And yes! you can immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor because this job description has been assigned a NOC code. The code to immigrate to Canada as a retail supervisor is 6211
Main duties of a retail sales supervisor
Under the NOC code 6211, these are the duties and tasks that you will carry out when you eventually immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor.
- Firstly, coordinate and supervise sales cashiers and staff
- Secondly, prepare work schedules and assign sales workers to duties
- Thirdly, make an authorization payment by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Also, make merchandise to customers
- Definitely, resolve problems that arise such as supply shortages and customers complaints
- Majorly, you will specify inventory and other merchandise
- Likewise, prepare a report regarding merchandising, sales volume, and personal matters
- Lastly, you will train and hire or arrange training for new sales staff
Examples of jobs under NOC 6211
This is the list of jobs that is available for the NOC code 6211 when you immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
- bakery supervisor – supermarket
- cashier supervisor – retail
- chief canvasser – retail
- customer service supervisor – retail
- delicatessen supervisor – food store
- delivery person supervisor
- department head, retail store
- department store supervisor
- supervisor – retail department
- door-to-door sales supervisor
- food store supervisor
- grocery clerk supervisor
- head cashier
- liquor store supervisor
- meat department supervisor
- newspaper delivery person supervisor
- Sales supervisor- newspaper
- newspaper salesperson supervisor
- night crew leader – retail store
- price marker supervisor – retail
- produce department supervisor
- rental service supervisor
- retail store department head
- retail store supervisor
- route supervisor, retail sales
- sales clerk supervisor
- Supervisor- sales
- sales supervisor – retail
- stock clerks supervisor – retail
- stock supervisor – retail
- subscription sales team leader
- supermarket department supervisor
- supervisor – retail
- cashiers, supervisor– retail
- supervisor, delivery persons
- door-to-door salespersons, supervisor– retail
- price markers, supervisor – retail
- Sales clerks- supervisor
- stock clerks, supervisor – retail
- supervisor, telemarketers
- Telephone, Supervisor clerks
- team leader, subscription sales
- telemarketer supervisor
- Services supervisor- telemarketing
- telemarketing supervisor
- telephone sales clerk supervisor
Requirements to work in Canada as a retail sales supervisor
Definitely, foreigners don’t just walk into Canada to carry out their occupation without permission. That is why there are various working requirements in Canada to carry out your career in a specific field. Therefore, these are the requirements to work and Immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
- Firstly, the minimum educational qualification you must have is a secondary school certificate or High School diploma. However, having a first-degree or second-degree will hasten your pace as a supervisor
- Likewise your language proficiency test results must qualify you to work in Canada as a retail sales supervisor. In essence, what this means is that you cannot immigrate to Canada as a retail store supervisor without a language proficiency test result.
- In addition, you must be within the Canadian workable age, i.e between age 20 and 45. You cannot work in Canada if you are less than 18 or older than 45.
Note that you are excluded from working in Canada if you are in this group
- Firstly, Retail and wholesale trade managers are excluded (See 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers)
- Secondly, Service supervisors are also excluded (See 631 Service supervisors)
- Likewise, Supervisors of technical salespersons are excluded (See 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
Oh yes! There are general and specific requirements for you to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor in any store or retail business. The general and specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor is stressed below
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
- Age requirement
- Language requirements
- Educational requirements
- Work experience
# Age requirements
Surely, you cannot immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor if you are not up to 18 years or if you are older than 45. This is because the age range that the Canadian government stipulated for foreigners who wants to immigrate to Canada as retail sales supervisor is 18 to 44. Anything less or above that will not be acceptable
As it has been said earlier, you definitely need to meet the Canadian language benchmark which is French and English. You have an added advantage if you are proficient in both, however, you can still immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor if you’re only proficient in either of the language.
These are some of the language proficiency tests you will carry out for you to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF Canada)
- Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada (TEF Canada)
Importantly, a retail sales supervisor must be detailed-oriented with an excellent problem-solving skills. That is why you need to be sufficient
ly educated to attain the landmark of being a supervisor in retail sales. Hence, the minimum educational qualification you can possess to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor is the High School diploma or secondary education
However, with a degree in commerce or business or any other related courses, you stand more chance.
Definitely, to be employed as a supervisor in retail sales in Canada you must have adequate work experience working as a supervisor in the country you currently are. Therefore, note that!
Specific requirements immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
There are a few specifications to the requirements needed for you to immigrate to Canada. However on-the-job training is quite important as well as sufficient work experience working in a retail sales field.
Also, you can progress to a management position in retail trade when you have additional experience or training
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
Absolutely, different pathways are available for you to immigrate to Canada. That is why we have collated the specific pathways for you to immigrate to Canada as retail sales supervisor. Check them below
- Directly through Express entry
- With province nominee programs
- With a job offer
#1 Directly through Express entry
Without a doubt, you will be glad to know that you can immigrate directly to Canada through Express Entry. Express Entry is one of the fastest and direct pathways to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor. And of course, there is a 1,200 comprehensive ranking score you have to deal with. Therefore, try as much as possible to get qualified.
Definitely, a selection of top candidates with the highest CRS points will be made, and invited to apply for permanent residency
#2 With province nominee programs
Assuredly, get yourself nominated by a province in Canada, then you can immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor in that province. However, you will have to apply for a nomination in that province, and if you get selected, Congratulations! your immigration process is becoming more feasible.
#3 With a job offer
For certain, you can immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor based on a job offer. What this means is that you can earn an immigration pass when you gain employment in Canada.
Immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Office Administration
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor
Follow these steps to have a successful application process
Step 1: Create an Express Entry profile
Definitely, creating an Express Entry profile is the start of your immigration journey. Therefore, you must open an account with Express entry to immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor.
Step 2: select a program for your application
Afterward, you must decide on the program you want to apply to while opening a profile on Express entry. So, you can choose any of these
Step 3: Get a job in Canada
Now that you know that you can immigrate to Canada via a job offer. Therefore, you can send applications to different retail establishments in Canada to get a job offer. However, your skills must be proven top-notch.
Step 4: Invitation to apply
Note that an invitation will only be sent to you if your application is successful. Moreover, ensure that your documents are ready.
Step 5: Submit documentation
Also, bear in mind that you have approximately 60 days to apply. Also, you must pay an application fee of $150.
Frequently asked question
When is the best time to send an application for a job offer in a retail company?
Anytime is the best time
Definitely and certainly, you can immigrate to Canada as a retail sales supervisor if you truly follow the steps in this article. Canada is always in demand of retail sales supervisors. Hence, you can start applying.