Immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer and get hired in various types of job roles like senior geologist, exploration geologist, mine engineer, quality assurance manager, project engineer and others.
Whereas, it is now very easy to make use of Express Entry immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer.
Moreover, many companies, consulting engineering companies, manufacturers, government and educational and research institutions are seriously hiring foreign engineers who specialized mining.
Despite that, the job of a mining engineer in Canada is very attractive when consider the average salary of a mining engineer in Canada annually.
Therefore, mining engineers earn handsomely in Canada and foreigners who immigrate to Canada as a mining engineers have a great chances of obtaining Canadian permanent residency.
However, you will not easily achieve your immigration plan to Canada as a mining engineer without first of all getting to know the necessary procedure, requirements and pathways to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer.
On that note, this article is prepared to properly guide you and provide you with the necessary information, steps and pathway programs to successfully immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer.
What does a mining engineer do in Canada?
The work you are going to do if you immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer is to plan, design, organize and supervise the development of mines, mine facilities, systems and equipment; and prepare and supervise the extraction of metallic or non-metallic minerals and ores from underground or surface mines.
Moreover, mining engineers are employed by mining companies, consulting engineering companies, manufacturers, government and in educational and research institutions.
Types of jobs under mining engineer in Canada
According to the national occupation code NOC 2143, Canada, one who immigrate to Canada as mining engineer can perform under any of these work titles below:
- mine design engineer
- consulting mining engineer
- mine development engineer
- mineral engineer
- mine layout engineer
- mineral dressing engineer
- mine planning engineer
- production mining engineer
- mine ventilation engineer
- exploration mining engineer
- mining engineer
- mine safety engineer
Job Exclusions from mining engineer in Canada
The following jobs are excluded from mining engineering job in Canada. Therefore, make sure you don’t immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer because of these jobs below:
- Engineering managers (See 0211 Engineering managers)
- Geological engineers (See 2144 Geological engineers)
- Geoscientists and oceanographers (See 2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers)
- Metallurgical and materials engineers (See 2142 Metallurgical and materials engineers)
- Mine managers (See 0811 Managers in natural resources production and fishing)
- Petroleum engineers (See 2145 Petroleum engineers)
Main duties of a mining engineer in Canada
The main duties why people immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer are:
- To conduct preliminary surveys and studies of ore, mineral or coal deposits to assess the economic and environmental feasibility of potential mining operations
- For them to determine the appropriate means of safely and efficiently mining deposits
- In order to determine and advise on appropriate drilling and blasting methods for mining, construction or demolition
- For them to design shafts, ventilation systems, mine services, haulage systems and supporting structures
- So they can design, develop and implement computer applications such as for mine design, mine modelling, mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
- Also to plan and design or select mining equipment and machinery and mineral treatment machinery and equipment in collaboration with other engineering specialists
- To plan, organize and supervise the development of mines and mine structures and the operation and maintenance of mines
- Prepare operations and project estimates, schedules and reports
- Implement and co-ordinate mine safety programs
- And to supervise and co-ordinate the work of technicians, technologists, survey personnel, and other engineers and scientists.
Immigrate to Canada as a Patternmaker
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer
Every worker in Canada must meet the requirements to work in Canada. Moreover, the requirements are divided into two: general and specific requirements.
Therefore, before you can immigrate to Canada as a landscape architect, you must meet both requirements.
General Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer
Any immigrant who wishes to immigrate to Canada in order to work must meet these general requirements below:
- Age Requirements
- Language Requirements
- Education Requirements
- Work Experience
You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 before moving to Canada as a mining engineer. However, the working-age in Canada is between 18 and 65.
Your language skills will help you move to Canada as a mining engineer. So, you need to prove your English proficiency. For this test, you can take any of the generally approved English test that is recognized in Canada. Some of them are:
Before moving to Canada as a worker, you will need to obtain a minimum of a high school certificate. And an academic report from the ECA. Without this report, you will not be allowed to work in Canada.
Moreover, this report should also provide evidence that you have completed at least secondary education, which is the minimum academic requirement for working in Canada.
If you have enough work experience in the field of the job you are seeking for it will be a great help for you. This is because Canada is easy for you to enter with a prove of work experience. Whereas, it will increase your score with a comprehensive ranking system.
You also need medical evidence that you are medically fit for life and work in Canada. In addition, you need to be able to adapt to Canadian working conditions and weather.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer
For one to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer under NOC code 2143, you need to have your credentials certified by Canada.
Therefore, you must meet the specific requirements below before you can immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer. The requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- Master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
Immigrate to Canada as a Nursing Supervisor
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer
It is easy to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer when you follow any of these pathway programs.
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
It is advisable to use express entry to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer. Express entry Canada includes three programs for Canadian workers. In the Express entry application, all candidates are evaluated using the comprehensive ranking system (CRS) and the candidates with the highest scores are selected.
Moreover, you must state all the qualifications and requirements you have. The express entry pool is held every two weeks to select the right candidates and ask them to apply. The Express Entry System programs include:
Provincial Nominee Programs
This is an alternative to the Express Entry. Therefore, every province in Canada has its own PNP. Qualified candidates can be nominated by the province. To participate in PNP, you need to register on the official provincial website. As with express entry, the draw will be held every two weeks.
If your type of job is seriously needed, it will be an In-demand job in Canada. As a result, employers will have the authority to hire foreign workers to fill vacancies when they have fulfilled requirements for that.
A job offer is almost like having employment already in Canada before immigrating. You can decide to use it for your immigration to Canada as a mining engineer.
However, before planning for employment in Canada, you must first know the requirements for the job. In addition, your employer must get a clearance from the LMIA
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer
People who immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer can use the steps below as a guide to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer.
The first thing to do is to check if you qualify for Canada’s Express Entry or Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) before sending an application.
Secondly, you need to create an Express Entry profile account, fill all required fields, and then submit.
Moreover, if you are applying through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you are expected to contact your preferred Canadian province or territory for nomination aid.
Another thing is to wait for IRCC to send you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) which demands your prompt action to apply.
Thus, you must apply for Canada’s permanent residency in less than 60 days.
Finally, you have to wait until the end of processing time in order to know your application status.
Therefore, with this in mind, you need to wait for about 6 months if you are applying through Canada’s Express Entry or for a year and sxi months if you apply using Provincial Nominee Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer?
No, you must not have a job offer before you can immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer. However, with a valid job offer, it becomes easy.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a mining engineer?
The processing time for a Canadian work permit is between 3 and 6 months.
What is the average salary of a mining engineer in Canada?
The average salary of a mining engineer in Canada is CA$86,629 per year.
Now, you can easily immigrate to Canada as a mining engineer after a careful applications of these steps and procedures in this article.