Home Office ‘will not back down’ in extraordinary legal battle over Prince Harry’s security

Date:

Home office “doesn’t retreat” in an extraordinary court battle over security when Prince Harry visits Britain

  • Duke of Sussex seeks judicial review on decision to remove protection
  • Harry’s lawyer argues that privately hired bodyguards are not enough in the UK
  • Government officials understood that they were furious with Royal’s legal action



<!–

<!–

<!–<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

According to sources, the Home Office has refused to retreat to an extraordinary court battle with Prince Harry over the protection of police when he visits Britain.

Sunday email last week, Duke of SussexWho lives in California He is paying a private security team and seeking a judicial review of the Interior Ministry, questioning his decision to remove protection in the UK.

After we broke the story, an unnamed spokesman on behalf of Harry said the home office would provide police protection to Harry in the UK, despite Duke’s offer to pay. He said he refused.

According to sources, the Home Office has refused to retreat to an extraordinary court battle with Prince Harry over police protection when Prince Harry visits Britain.

According to sources, the Home Office has refused to retreat to an extraordinary court battle with Prince Harry over police protection when Prince Harry visits Britain.

The statutory agent said: ‘Duke first offered to pay personally for the protection of British police for himself and his family in Sandringham in January 2020.

“The offer was rejected. He is willing to continue to bear the cost of safety so as not to impose on UK taxpayers.

But now, senior sources have told the newspaper: The question here is whether security is granted. “

Harry’s lawyer argues that privately hired bodyguards are not enough in the UK. However, government officials are understood to have been furious with Royal’s legal action.

Security sources say: ‘When Harry left the company, the terms of his divorce were clear. Like other civilians, he and his Z-list wife are not free to hire armed police officers, no matter how much they pay.

Protective security is “role and risk-based,” according to sources, and security paid in the United States cannot be reproduced in the UK because it “does not allow you to wonder the streets with a gun here.” was. ‘Other minor Royals can function in normal life without armed guards. The Ministry of Home Affairs refuses to blink.

In a briefing document sent to journalists but withdrawn from the email on Sunday, an unnamed Sussexes spokesman wrote:

They further state that this allowed the Duke to “apply for a permit to bring about judicial review proceedings” to Home Secretary Priti Patel.

They added that government decision-making did not fully consider the Duke’s position. Undiminished threats; and the impact on the UK’s reputation of senior members of the royal family being harmed in British soil.

If Prince Harry gets the opportunity to hear his review, the case will be brought to the High Court.

advertisement

Home Office ‘will not back down’ in extraordinary legal battle over Prince Harry’s security Source link Home Office ‘will not back down’ in extraordinary legal battle over Prince Harry’s security

The post Home Office ‘will not back down’ in extraordinary legal battle over Prince Harry’s security appeared first on California News Times.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Biden “Inherited a V-Shaped Resurgence from President Trump and Turned It into a Crisis”

Larry Kudlow called it straight.  He called Biden a...

CEL Token Plunges as Celsius CEO Resigns

Alex Mashinsky's resignation came after the embattled crypto lending...

Cardano: 27 September is another ‘big’ date for the community. Here’s why…

Cardano , one of the most developed ecosystems underwent...