To deliver TechCrunch’s biggest and most important story summary to your inbox daily at 3:00 pm PDT Subscribe here..
Hello and welcome to the Daily Crunch on September 14, 2021. It was Apple’s day on the internet, so I spent the afternoon deciding if I needed a new smartphone. answer? Perhaps not, but that doesn’t stop a significant portion of TechCrunch’s crew from rolling out the new Yahoo luker to Cupertino’s market capitalization. We love things like this.
On the TechCrunch side, Confusion is within a week time. Your humble servant goes shopping late this afternoon, so he looks a little undisturbed.Of course Jordan Looks great at the Disrupt Desk.. See you! — — Alex
TechCrunch Top 3
- Apple drops grip on new hardware: Whenever Apple hosts an event, it’s like stopping time in the tech world. It’s up to you to do that, but it remains true.This is our iPhone news summary, Apple Watch News, iPad update When General summary Just in case you want to go to Meta. fun!
- Atlanta’s Rapid Growth: TechCrunch continued touring US cities today after the hit Chicago When Boston In the last few weeks. This time around, we’ve delved into the booming startup scene in Atlanta with record capital inflows. We talked to some founders and investors to get the latest information.Don’t forget Atlanta Just produced Unicorn exit.
- And speaking of unicorns Canva raised $ 200 million with a $ 40 billion valuation.. In percentage terms, an Australian design software company was able to raise two invoices at 0.5% of its share value. Steal at double the price. Why is Canva so valuable? A huge scale, as our memo on its earnings growth reveals.
Startup / VC
Before jumping into the usual summary of startup news, TechCrunch Delve into the value of countless BNPL startups Around the world through lenses of recent acquisitions. I wrote it. Read it if it’s your jam.
- That’s important in the light of Apple Fitness news of the day Live class just announced by Tonal will be in service.. Tonal competes with Peloton and other players in the hardware and software market.Especially that Startup In this case, it’s a global company that blends hardware and software more than Apple. Apple primarily bundles services with existing products. Anyway, good news for you.
- 1047 games close $ 100 million: If you’re hot, Brian Heater writes, you’re hot. And the 1047 game of the hit title Splitgate is more than warm. It’s so hot and humid that I’ve just finished the third round since May. What is Splitgate? FPS including portal. (Frankly, it’s wonderful.)
- Grammarly is open to developers: Grammarly is well known as a product that helps people tighten sentences. But what if you want to burn Grammarly tech into your product? Well, now you can. The company has just announced a product for developers. Financial geeks in me wonder how profitable a new business line is, and whether it helps the company submit an already sorry S-1.
- EverAfter has raised $ 13M, emphasizing that HRtech is still hot. In our own report, EverAfter has built a “no-code customer tool to streamline onboarding and retention.”that is A little like Sora, A startup that also writes on TechCrunch. A few rounds focused on the same space are a signal!
- Today’s Tiger Round is Indonesian FinTech Xendit. Xendit has become a unicorn thanks to a $ 150 million check led by Tiger. At this point, we believe Tiger’s management partners will tip $ 150 million each time they go to dinner. That’s all they know! Anyway, payment-focused Jakarta-based FinTech has a big expansion plan that is currently well-funded.
Is it so bad to receive money from a Chinese venture fund?
Are the founders of Financing Mode short-sighted when it comes to working with Chinese investors?
Runa Capital Denis Kalinin’s Asian Business Development Manager investigated data from iTjuzi, a database of Chinese venture capitalists, and found that:
… The Chinese fund invested about $ 250 billion in 2020 (three times the number reported in Crunchbase). This figure is only 30% lower than investment by US funds in China’s VC investment, but three times higher than UK funds and 12.5 times higher than German funds.
Due to pandemics, geopolitical tensions and other factors, many Chinese venture funds have reduced international investment, mainly because “China’s economy recovered much faster than other countries during the COVID period. “Karinin writes.
His analysis covers multiple angles. China’s investment in Europe is catching up with Asian and US investment, with the top half of China’s cross-border investment being CVC, and investors are now particularly interested in fintech, deeptech and digital health. I’m waiting.
“Chinese investors can bring value to foreign start-ups, but they need to study their expertise and how it can help you.”
(Extra Crunch is our membership program that helps founders and start-up teams move forward. You can sign up here.. )
Big Tech Co., Ltd.
Before getting into the heart of Big Tech News, the latest news from the US Government: “Biden’s new FTC candidate is a digital privacy advocate who is critical of Big Tech.” It turns out. That’s important.
- LinkedIn promises creators $ 25 million: If there is a shortage of Pizzas in the LinkedIn feed, a Microsoft subsidiary plans to boost the influx of content. A $ 25 million “Creator Accelerator Program” was set up to encourage more, well, creativity. LinkedIn is also entering the live audio market.
- An additional 51 Starlink satellites will fly: I’m including this news item in my daily crunch today in case you do Also I’m considering moving to the countryside of Montana, but I need to maintain employment.
- Space flight appears to fly to the moon: Elon’s space company is not the only player trying to drive humans out of plants. Spaceflight will “shuttle customers on next year’s lunar flyby mission.” How much is a ticket?
TechCrunch Experts: Growth Marketing
We contact the founders of startups and tell them who to rely on when they need the latest growth marketing techniques.Please fill out the questionnaire here.
Please read one of the introductory texts you received below.
Marketer: Andrew Race, juice
Is recommended: Olinshin, Merchant industry
customer’s voice: “We were introduced to the juice by a family friend of the owner of my company, and as a personal courtesy, they said they were giving us their best man, of course. I thought that was what everyone would say, but it wasn’t a joke. Andrew was far ahead of previous marketing companies. Very knowledgeable and motivated to learn new industries. Being proved to be our turning point. “
From the planned Twitter space Equity The crew, the TechCrunch team, are always on Twitter. Tomorrow, Wednesday, September 15th, 2:00 pm PDT / 5:00 pm EDT, Disrupt Battlefield judges will speak on Twitter Spaces. Danny Cryton will be Martin Ford on Thursday, September 16th at 3pm (Pacific Daylight) / 6pm (Eastern Daylight). “Robot Rules: How Artificial Intelligence Changes Everything” Make sure you are following TechCrunch A Twitter account to keep our news and events up to date.
Here’s what happened at Apple’s virtual 2021 fall event – TechCrunch Source link Here’s what happened at Apple’s virtual 2021 fall event – TechCrunch