Natasha When Mary Ann When Alex Everyone was riding this week Grace On the dial, it meant we had a nice flat time recording equity for you. Of course, Equity is a TechCrunch venture capital-focused podcast that delves into the most important funding rounds and talks about key news items that impact startups.
You can follow the show on Twitter before jumping into this week’s topic. Here, we often host an instant Twitter space that can be an episode. Hang-up!
Here’s an overview of the week:
- Chalo Raises $ 40 Million to Improve Bus Transport in India: This startup wins the name (and startup) for the week. Charo wants to tackle the inefficiencies of the Indian bus system, so think about why it makes sense and what challenges are ahead.
- Masterworks Raises $ 110 Million for Partial Art Ownership: Called Series A as needed, Masterworks’ just-introduced megaround helps highlight the global shift to alternative investments and split ownership. How long does it take to get Masterworks on the blockchain? That’s the real IRL-NFT crossover we’ve been waiting for.
- Cost Certified wants to save your next home reno project: Cost Certified, who just joined Y Combinator’s summer cohort, has raised $ 8.45 million in seed funding. The ultimate goal of the Canadian company is to build an “Amazon for Construction”. CostCertified allows contractors to send interactive, shoppable quotes to homeowners to make choices during the project and instantly see their price impact.
- Everything in the community: The community has been watered down, there is no doubt about it. But there is still debate as to why it works – and we (often) make them.
- Google is investing in africa: American tech giant Google is investing capital to work in Africa, but in the form of infrastructure and initial investments. Frankly, both make sense given the business model of the advertising giant.
- Edtech moves to B2B: Udemy will be released! We’ve already delved into the numbers, but thankfully, Natasha at the show has taken us to a deeper level of where education engineering revenues will come next.
And that’s our show! We came back brightly early on Monday!
Equity falls every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 am PDT, so Apple podcast, cloudy, Spotify And all the cast.
Community is the new AI – TechCrunch Source link Community is the new AI – TechCrunch
The post Community is the new AI – TechCrunch appeared first on California News Times.