Colorado Springs, Colorado 2021-10-08 23:14:07 –
Colorado Springs, Colorado – The City’s Community Development Department is seeking information to notify the city’s 2022 Annual Action Plan on the use of federal block grants from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
All residents, supporters, and stakeholders learn about the impact of funding and in October they through virtual meetings with affordable housing, infrastructure, and services for low- and middle-income community members. You are invited to share your experience.
The city receives $ 5 million annually through the Community Development Block Grant Program, the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, and the Emergency Solutions Grant Program. Additional relief funds have been made available by the CARES Act and the US Relief Planning Act to address pandemic-related implications.
The amount of subsidy is undecided. However, the city is currently preparing priorities for the 2022 Annual Action Plan on investing funds to help vulnerable people. This department manages these funds and awards them to local institutions, nonprofits and developers.
Residents can watch a general overview video available online and then join some or all of the topic-focused virtual meetings. Each meeting outlines the impact of previous financing, discusses new needs and changed priorities from 2021 onwards, and incorporates community feedback. Each meeting will be recorded and will be available for viewing online. We welcome your comments by phone or email.
Public meeting on the priorities of the 2022 Annual Action Plan:
- Tuesday, October 19th, 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm: Homeless and Social Welfare
- Wednesday, October 20th 9 am-10am: Economic Development
- Thursday, October 21st 11am – Noon: American Rescue Plan HOME-ARP
- Saturday, October 23, 10 am-11am: Affordable Homes
The city encourages all residents, including nearby leaders, service providers, and community advocates, to attend these free meetings.
Closed captions are available in English, Spanish, French, Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese.
The following is the process of drafting and submitting the 2022 Annual Action Plan.
- Monday, December 13, 2021 – Wednesday, January 12, 2022: Public Comments Period. For a copy of the draft 2022 Annual Action Plan, please visit the Community Development website and email newsletter.
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022: A virtual public meeting to consider the proposed plan.
- February 2022: The city council reviews and approves the draft plan.
- Spring 2022: Final submission to HUD based on final allocation.
Colorado Springs Community Development Division invites residents to talk 2022 federal grant funds Source link Colorado Springs Community Development Division invites residents to talk 2022 federal grant funds
The post Colorado Springs Community Development Division invites residents to talk 2022 federal grant funds – Colorado Springs, Colorado appeared first on Eminetra.