To deliver a summary of TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories to your inbox daily at 3:00 pm PDT Subscribe here..
Hello and welcome to the Daily Crunch on September 23, 2021. I put the last bow on the disrupt and it worked pretty well. Thank you to everyone who came out. Of course, the winners of Startup Battlefield have a lot of turmoil (more on that below).
TechCrunch The next event focuses on SaaS, So don’t forget to mark your calendar! — — Alex
TechCrunch Top 3
- Cellino beats Disrupt Battlefield: from Incredibly competitive group of finalists, Cellino Won the highest award.Startup platform that automates stem cell production integrates lasers When AI, it turned out. That vision impressed the judges in today’s final presentation and defeated other strong competitors like the runner-up NthCycle. Congratulations, Cellino!
- Twitter’s product team has defeated Red Bull and is deep into cryptocurrencies. The heartbeat of Twitter’s new product continues today, and the company announced “encryption, chip support by NFT authentication” and so on. Social networks have also moved to email newsletters and social audio in the last quarter. And, in particular, we have managed product floods without harming our core services. At least so far.
- Limits of edtech: Duolingo’s CEO attended TechCrunch at Disrupt this year and sat down with his own edtech expert. Natasha Mascarenhas.. They delved into the ethics of paywall educational content and how to make money without sacrificing core values.
Startup / VC
Cellino won the annual Battlefield Tournament, Participated in the final By four other startups we found impressive:
Well, the rest of the startup news:
- Fintech’s evaluation has received a lot of attention. Thanks to some recent IPOs, the public market has revealed that the value of fintech revenue for tech startups is greater than many expected. That’s good news for startups.
- The clubhouse takes on a bit of discord: Clubhouse is best known for public chat. Discord is best known for private chat. That’s why we paid attention when Clubhouse released work in a private room. According to TechCrunch, the service has a new feature called “Wave,” which “sees your friends online and makes it easy to start a private room with them.”
- Syng Ends $ 48.75 M Series A for Home Spatial Audio: If you’re happy with listening to music on your laptop speakers, Syng isn’t for you. But if you’re the kind of person who tinkers with your home music settings for the best sound, Syng’s “triphonic” hardware that wants to bring spatial audio home can be your jam.
- Open Banking Startup Vyne Raises $ 15.5 Million: According to ourselves Ingrid Landen, The concept of open banking is in the limelight. According to my colleague, open banking is “a new approach to payments and other financial services that disrupts traditional card-based infrastructure by linking directly to banks,” and Vyne is part of that action. I want it. Focusing on the merchants, the company has locked out just eight digits of new capital for its vision.
- Grocery delivery startups have infinite capital. Many grocery delivery companies in Europe are working to make deliveries faster. Jiffy is one of them. Jiffy has also put $ 28 million on its balance sheet since it was founded in April of this year and is competing through financing.
To close the startup section Here’s the latest TechCrunch summary of Robotics News. Apple’s Foundation show will be announced tomorrow, which feels somewhat timely to Asimov fans there.
Duolingo doesn’t want to disturb college degrees
Duolingo CEO and co-founder Luis von Ahn has previously appeared on TechCrunch Disrupt, but this year he represented a publicly traded company for the first time.
A few months ago, reporter Natasha Mascarenhas described Duolingo’s debut as “this year’s Bellweather edtech IPO,” and was fully responsive to questions about the company’s plans to increase revenue. For example, does the card contain premium content?
“If you want to make more money in the short term, you can probably start paywalls, but I think that will hinder our growth,” Fong An said.
“If you start charging for some aspects of language learning, you will end up charging for everything.”
This is a summary, along with a video that captures the entire interview.
(Extra Crunch is our membership program that helps founders and start-up teams move forward. You can sign up here.. )
Big Tech Co., Ltd.
TechCrunch Experts: Growth Marketing
TechCrunch wants to recommend growth marketers with expertise in SEO, social, content creation, and more.If you are a growth marketer, give this Research Along with your clients; I would like to ask why they liked to work with you.
Cellino wins TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield 2021 – TechCrunch Source link Cellino wins TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield 2021 – TechCrunch
The post Cellino wins TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield 2021 – TechCrunch appeared first on California News Times.