Britain appeals to Megan’s court in a privacy battle with a tabloid publisher over a letter to her dad

Date:

UK-Royal-Commonwealth
Prince Harry (Duke of Sussex (R)) and Megan (Duke of Sussex) will leave after attending the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey in central London on March 11, 2019.

Benstan Sole / AFP / Getty


London — A British court dismissed an appeal on Thursday by a newspaper company attempting to overturn its previous ruling. Sunday email Had Violated the privacy of the Duchess of Sussex By publishing a portion of the letter she sent to her father.British Court of Appeals previously upheld High Court decision, Inherited in February, Post In fact, it violated Megan’s privacy in an “obviously excessive and therefore illegal” way.

In a statement submitted by Megan and her husband Prince Harry’s Archwell nonprofit, the Duchess called the Court of Appeals a “victory not only for me, but for those who were afraid to stand up to the right thing.” ..

“This victory is a precedent setting, but most importantly, it has enough courage to condition people to be cruel and to reshape the tabloid industry that benefits from the lies and pain they create.” Megan said in a statement. She always said, “I treated this proceeding as an important measure of whether it was right or wrong.”


Prince Harry and Megan Markle visit New York

02:22

She blamed Sunday emailHowever, its publisher, Associated Newspapers Ltd., treats it like a “ruleless game.”

The Duchess said the newspaper group twisted the facts to manipulate public opinion. “Even during the appeal itself, we have filed a very complex and simple proceeding to generate more headlines and sell more newspapers.

The statement appeared to be a reference to a relevant newspaper presenting evidence during the appeal process from Megan’s former correspondent Jason Nauf, who claimed that her father knew she could publish the letter. Knauf claimed that Megan had told him. “Obviously, everything I drafted understands that it can be leaked, so I pay close attention to my choice of words.”

In a written statement to the court, Megan denied that his father thought he would leak the letter, but apologized for misleading the court and Nauf gave information to the author of “Find Freedom.” Claims to have provided. “A book about her and Prince Harry, with her consent.

Megan, as reported by CBS News correspondent Holly Williams Was sued Later related newspaper Co., Ltd. Sunday email In 2018, I published a part of a handwritten letter to her father. Her lawyer called the letter a “heartfelt plea” and asked Thomas Markle to stop talking to the media. It was her father who gave the excerpt of the letter to the tabloid.

The February verdict ruled that it infringed the privacy and copyright of the Duchess, but Associated Newspapers immediately began appealing the verdict.

Britain appeals to Megan’s court in a privacy battle with a tabloid publisher over a letter to her dad

Source link Britain appeals to Megan’s court in a privacy battle with a tabloid publisher over a letter to her dad

The post Britain appeals to Megan’s court in a privacy battle with a tabloid publisher over a letter to her dad appeared first on Eminetra.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Steve Bannon Reveals Twitter’s Demands from Elon Musk and Why Musk Told Twitter to Pound Sand (VIDEO)

On Wednesday, Steve Bannon had a sit-down interview with...

SHIB Price Might Make Significant Move per This Indicator: Details

The Shiba Inu price might be on the verge...

Biden Regime is Stockpiling $290 Million Worth of Drugs for Radiation Sickness in Case of Nuclear Emergency

Doomsday Clock: Biden Regime is Stockpiling $290 Million Worth...

Cardano: Here’s how far traders’ sentiments and updates can take ADA

According to a new Santiment report, Cardano has...