There is a limited list of colleges in Manitoba Canada for international students compared to the list of universities.
With this in mind, you need to make a smart move by using our guide to know the best colleges in Manitoba to apply for admission into.
Why study in Manitoba Canada?
Here are reasons why you should think of studying in a college or university in Manitoba province.
- To begin with, Manitoba post-secondary institutions are one of the cheapest in Canada. Hence, you will be able to save more to cover other expenses during the course of study.
- Secondly, there are several opportunities to learn in-demand skills in Manitoba.
- Third, the colleges and universities in Manitoba provides apprenticeship and practicum, which helps to gain relevant work experience, as well as to get a job after graduation
- Fourth, you can pay less for tuition in Manitoba since most post-secondary institutions in Manitoba avail financial aids (scholarships and awards).
- Fifth, studying in a post-secondary institution in Manitoba helps to establish valuable networks that are resourceful in sorting many things, including employment.
- Sixth, there are hundreds of thousands of lakes in Manitoba. For this reason, you can go on adventures, including fishing, canoeing, and swimming.
- Finally, Manitoba universities and colleges offer an extensive range of student services like healthcare, daycare, parking services, food services, and so on.
Consequently, you need a valid Canadian study permit in order to legally enroll in an academic program in Manitoba.
Average College Tuition Fee in Manitoba
The average tuition fee for colleges in Manitoba ranges from CAD $14,000 to CAD $18,000 per academic year.
Best 5 colleges in Manitoba province, Canada
From the list of colleges in Manitoba Canada, we culled the following post-secondary institutions as the best.
- Assiniboine Community College
- International College of Manitoba (ICM)
- Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT)
- Red River College Polytechnic (RRC Polytech)
- University College of the North (UCN)
Note that the above colleges in Manitoba ranking are based on our survey.
Being among the best community colleges in Manitoba Canada, Assiniboine offers a wide range of full-time programs.
Moreover, Assiniboine Community College is a DLI with campuses in Brandon, Dauphin, as well as Winnipeg.
Furthermore, Assiniboine Community College makes provision of student supports, student advising, financial advising, the learning curve, library, test centre, disability services, etc.
Academic programs at Assiniboine Community College include certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas. The educational institution also allows its student to opt for their preferred learning delivery method.
In addition, Assiniboine Community College programs explores various fields like agriculture & environment, business, food & hospitality, health, human services, technology, trades, upgrading for post-secondary, as well as English language training.
For the most part, up to 89% of Assiniboine Community College graduates do not leave the province of Manitoba after completing their studies.
Undoubtedly, this is because of the vast benefit enjoyed by Assiniboine Community College students during their stay and study.
- Assiniboine Community College address: 1313 Border Street, Unit 87,
Winnipeg MB R3H 0X4, Canada
International College of Manitoba (ICM)
Ordinarily, the International College of Manitoba is one of the best colleges in Manitoba for diploma programs. The institution is also among the best engineering colleges in Manitoba Canada.
International College of Manitoba campus is located right inside the University of Manitoba (U of M or UManitoba).
Indeed, ICM avails a pathway that allows both Canadian and international students to get admitted into U of M.
Based on your choice of program, you need to attain a specific Grade Point Average to continue your second year of study at UManitoba. You are also required to complete up to 30 credit hours courses.
Irrespective of your nationality as an international student, you can commence study at ICM in January, May, or September.
A superb reason to study at ICM is that they have representatives in many countries that help international students during their application.
In addition, numerous International College of Manitoba programs are open to international students.
These programs include UTP Stage I, UTP Stage II (agricultural & food sciences), UTP Stage II (arts), UTP Stage II (business), UTP Stage II (environment, earth & resources), UTP Stage II (engineering), UTP Stage II (science) and UTP Stage II (recreation management & community development).
Above all, ICM UTP Stage II programs are equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree’s first year of study.
Hence, you can use any of these UTP Stage II programs to continue your second-year studies at the University of Manitoba.
- International College of Manitoba campus address: Room 190 Extended Education Complex,
406 University Crescent, University of Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2.
- International College of Manitoba phone number: +1 (204) 474-8479
- Fax: +1 (204) 474-8420
- Email: [email protected]
- International College of Manitoba website: icmanitoba.ca
Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT)
If you intend to work as an electrician, healthcare aide, IT specialist, carpenter, or CAD technician, Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT) can be a pathway to your dream career.
MITT is a public college located in the province of Manitoba. As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), MITT can admit eligible international students to its academic programs.
Before you can get admission into your preferred program at MITT, it is important that you fulfill both the general and program-specific admission requirements.
Contrarily, you can register for the Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology English Language Institute (ELI) as it serves as an alternative to the language requirement.
Upon meeting all requirements, you can apply for your chosen program out of MITT’s twenty-five (25) certificate and diploma programs.
Besides, you can graduate from MITT in not more than two (2) years depending on your study program.
Examples of Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology programs include skilled trades, business & information technology, health care, human services, and post-graduate programs.
Furthermore, MITT provides an array of student services such as student counseling/social work, accessibility services, as well as career services & advising.
In spite of if you are a prospective or current student, you can also have access to educational, personal, and career supports at MITT.
MITT contact information:
- Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology campus address: 130 Henlow Bay, Winnipeg,
MB R3Y 1G4, Canada
- MITT phone number: +1 (204) 989-6500
Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology website: www.mitt.ca
Red River College Polytechnic (RRC Polytech)
If you plan to study college programs in Manitoba, Red River College Polytechnic serves as one of the best colleges in Manitoba for international students.
Generally speaking, RRC Polytech is widely known as the largest college of applied learning and research in Manitoba. Its campuses are located in eight (8) different locations of Manitoba.
More so, RRC Polytech has 200+ full-time and part-time degree programs. International students are allowed to enroll in any diploma and certificate program.
You will also be opportune to take advantage of Red River College Polytech’s online and hands-on learning.
Examples of Red River College Polytechnic programs and courses include part-time & online education, academic preparation, and essential skills programs, business, computer & information systems technology, creative arts, education, engineering, and construction technology, health sciences, hospitality, indigenous education, skilled trades, transportation technology, etc.
Ultimately, RRC Polytech does not only offer academic programs to its students but also numerous student services, which include campus accommodation, health, food, daycare, commuting & parking, culinary exchange, as well as facility rentals.
Red River College Polytechnic campus addresses:
- Notre Dame Campus: 2055 Notre Dame Ave., Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
- Exchange District Campus: 160 Princess St., Winnipeg, MB R3B 1K9
- Stevenson (Airport): 2280 Saskatchewan Ave., Winnipeg, MB R3J 3Y9
Red River College Polytechnic regional campus addresses:
- Interlake and Peguis – Fisher River: 825 Manitoba Ave., Selkirk, MB R1A 2B3
- Portage la Prairie: 32 – 5th Street SE: Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1J2
- Steinbach: Unit #2 – 385 Loewen Blvd., Steinbach, MB R5G 0B3
- Stevenson (Southport): 75 Musketeer Road West, Southport, MB R0H 1N1
- Winkler: 100 – 561 Main St., Winkler, MB R6W 1E8
Red River College Polytechnic website: www.rrc.ca
University College of the North (UCN)
UCN is a post-secondary institution that combines college and university education for Canadian and international students.
Besides, University College of the North makes student life to be enjoyable and encouraging by providing student accommodations, accessibility services, daycare, food services, bookstores, tours & events, counseling, recruitment, recreation, learners’ assistance centre, etc.
University College of the North Pas campus address: Box 3000, 436 – 7th Street East,
The Pas, MB R9A 1M7
- Phone number: (204) 627-8500
- Toll-free number: (866) 627-8500
University College of the North Thompson campus address: 55 UCN Drive, Thompson,
MB R8N 1L7
- Phone number: (204) 677-6450
- Toll-free number: (866) 677-6450
University College of the North website: www.ucn.ca
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Manitoba a good place to study?
Absolutely, the Canadian province of Manitoba is supportive and beneficial to international students who want to come over for study.
Is Manitoba affordable for international students?
Indeed, Manitoba is among the most affordable province in Canada for international students.
What is the Ministry of Advanced Education in Manitoba?
The Ministry of Advanced Education in Manitoba is a department that facilitates higher education, adult learning, as well as vocational training within the province.
Is the University of Manitoba good for international students?
Definitely, the University of Manitoba avails comprehensive opportunities to international students. U of M’s tuition fee is also inexpensive in order to avoid leakages to students’ wallets.
What is Assiniboine Community College DLI number?
What is the International College of Manitoba DLI number?