Here are the most important news, trends and analyses that investors need to start a trading day:
In trading on Monday morning, stock prices rose as investors saw the results of retail sales and earnings.
(Photo by Spencer Pratt / Getty Images)
U.S. stock futures Extending Tuesday’s decline Another hot inflation report..first day Federal ReserveThe government is planning a two-day meeting for the last two days of the year, saying producer prices in November rose 9.6% year-on-year. This was the fastest pace on record and was higher than expected.
- Following last week’s great performance, tech stocks Nasdaq It will drop 1.4% on Monday. The index closed 4% away from the record closing price on 19 November.
- The S & P 500It closed at a record closing price on Friday, but lost nearly 1% to start a new week.
- Dow It also fell to nearly 1% on Monday, 30 shares average It is more than 2% away from the record on November 8th.
Investors remained cautious about how Covid omicron variants would affect the economy and what the Fed would announce on Wednesday to combat rising inflation. The Federal Reserve will double its tapering pace to $ 30 billion at its December meeting, ending about $ 120 billion in monthly asset purchases by March. According to the latest CNBC federal survey.. According to 31 respondents to the survey, including economists, Wall Street strategists and money managers, the central bank plans to raise rates three times each over the next two years starting in June 2022.
Pfizer The final analysis of the antiviral covid pill said on Tuesday Still shown The effect of preventing hospitalization and death of high-risk patients is close to 90%. Recent laboratory data also suggested that the drug remains effective against Omicron. No one in the Pfizer-treated trial died.Pfizer’s two-shot covid vaccine as a result of a large study in South Africa released on Tuesday sponsored 70% protection against hospitalization with new variants. The study was conducted weeks after the first publication of Omicron in November by South African and Botswana scientists.
Senate Expected Vote on Tuesday to raise the federal government’s $ 28.9 trillion debt cap to avoid the risk of default later this month.Senate Republicans wanted to link the increase in borrowing limits to the president Joe BidenProposed $ 1.75 trillion buildback better domestic spending bill, measures they oppose.
Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin He has shown that he is not yet ready to support his party’s Build Back Better plan.West Virginia Parliamentarian Talked to Biden On Monday, the president and he just said, “I’m talking about different iterations,” and when asked if they could reach an agreement by Christmas, they said, “Anything is possible.”
- Meme stock GameStop When AMC Entertainment I was under pressure again. GameStop fell nearly 14% on Tuesday to $ 136.88, the lowest since March. AMC fell 15% to $ 23.24, the lowest since late May.
- Apple In the premarket, the day after approaching the $ 3 trillion company, stocks fell moderately before falling 2%.
- Tesla — Approximately 35% increase in 2021 — 2% decrease at the beginning of Tuesday after the CEO Elon Musk In addition, it sold $ 906.5 million worth of shares.
- Ford 2% decrease, Toyota invests $ 35 billion For battery-powered EVs, an area where Ford wants to establish itself as a leader.
- MGM Resorts The next morning, soaked 1% Say it sells From the Mirage Hotels and Casinos in Las Vegas to Hard Rock, it operates with over $ 1 billion in cash.
5 Things You Should Know Before The Stock Market Opens Tuesday, December 14th
Source link 5 Things You Should Know Before The Stock Market Opens Tuesday, December 14th
The post 5 Things You Should Know Before The Stock Market Opens Tuesday, December 14th appeared first on Eminetra.